A dental crown is a restoration used by Dr. Eric Wiitala to restore the smile. There are many situations in which a patient may have a dental crown placed. Dental crowns are often placed over dental implants to act as a false tooth and restore the smile. Dental crowns may also be placed over a natural tooth that has had extensive work done, such as root canal therapy or a large filling. Dental crowns are versatile, and cover the visible portion of a tooth. They can repair a tooth, protect a tooth, and strengthen a tooth, depending on how it is used. Dr. Eric Wiitala of Scottsdale, AZ finds that dental crowns have many advantages.
Benefits of dental crowns
Dental crowns can be advantageous for many patients who need to repair or restore their smile. Below are a few of the benefits these restorations provide to our patients at our facility:
• Dental crowns can support and strengthen a tooth that has experienced significant decay or damage
• Dental crowns can protect a tooth that has experienced unwanted wear and damage to keep it from getting worse
• Dental crowns can protect and strengthen a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
• Dental crowns can keep a tooth together that has been cracked or chipped
• Dental crowns can be placed over a dental implant to function and appear as a natural tooth
• Dental crowns can improve the appearance of a tooth, changing the color, shape, and size
• Dental crowns can last for many years, often over a decade with proper care and attention
• Dental crowns are made of porcelain and custom fabricated to match the existing teeth for a natural appearance
• Dental crowns are affordable and effective for many different dental concerns
Schedule a visit with Dr. Eric Wiitala today!
Dr. Eric Wiitala is available to help patients in the areas of Scottsdale, AZ with their dental needs. Call our practice location at 9755 North 90th Street, Ste. B250 today at (480) 657-6981 to request a consultation and discuss dental crowns for your smile!