For many patients, the dream of an attractive smile and healthy, strong teeth may seem like an unattainable goal. Fortunately, with the help of an experienced cosmetic and restorative dentist in the Scottsdale, AZ, patients can make this a reality. By replacing missing teeth, patients can restore their smile’s appearance, health, and function. One of the most desirable option for those who visit the practice of Dr. Eric Wiitala is that of dental implants.
How do dental implants work?
Dental implants are titanium posts that are extremely small and placed into the bone of the jaw. They function like a natural tooth root once did, rooting itself in place within the bone for stability and strength. The placement of the implant stimulates the natural production of bone through a process called osseointegration. This gives the implant the foundation it needs to function at its best. Once the implant is integrated into the bone of the jaw, the patient can restore the dental implant in the way best for their smile, with a crown, bridge, or denture.
Why do patients love dental implants?
Dental implants are highly desirable for a variety of reasons. Below are just a few of the advantages our patients consider when thinking about dental implants versus other tooth replacement options:
- Value. Because dental implants can last a lifetime, their expensive upfront cost often balances with time in value.
- Stability. Due to the integration of the implant into the bone of the jaw, the implant functions just like natural teeth.
- Natural appearance. The implant abutment above the gumline is restored with a porcelain restoration that looks like natural teeth and matches the patient’s existing smile.
- Permanency. With proper care, most of our patients can maintain their implants for a lifetime!
- Strength. Dental implants are best for improving biting and chewing functions. This is due to the foundational support of the bone.
Request a visit with our team today
Scottsdale, AZ patients ready to discuss the benefits of using dental implants to restore their smile can call the office of Dr. Eric Wiitala. His practice is located at 9755 North 90th Street and can be reached by phone at (480) 657-6981.