Patients of the Scottsdale, AZ area who are missing one or more teeth may be advised by their dentist, Dr. Eric Wiitala, to consider dental implants. However, with other alternatives available, including dentures and dental bridges, you may be wondering if the dental implant is the best solution for your smile. At the practice of Dr. Eric Wiitala, we often find dental implants to be the most desirable choice for patients replacing missing teeth due to the many benefits they offer. Below are five of the top benefits that can lead patients to choose implants over other options.
- Dental implants look and function like natural teeth. Implants are a tooth replacement option that functions and appears as natural teeth, making it difficult for others to discern the dental implant from one of the patient’s existing teeth.
- Dental implants maintain proper bone healthy. When teeth are missing or extracted, the bone underneath may shrink. By placing a dental implant into the area where a tooth once was, it can keep the bone healthy and avoid unwanted bone resorption common in denture wearers.
- Dental implants are secure. Many patients with dental implants feel more confident as they never have to worry about their implant malfunctioning as a full denture might.
- Dental implants are simple to care for. Easy maintenance is another reason why patients often choose dental implants for their smiles. These restorations don’t require a lot of care or extra attention when compared to other dental restorations or the natural teeth.
- Dental implants are long-lasting. With proper care, most patients find their dental implants lasting a lifetime!
Dr. Eric Wiitala has the experience to provide new smiles with dental implants
Patients of the Scottsdale, AZ community and beyond who are faced with tooth loss are invited to call Dr. Eric Wiitala and his team of professionals to determine if they are appropriate candidates for these highly-desirable tooth replacement options. Call (480) 657-6981 to request a consultation visit and initial evaluation with our team at 9755 North 90th Street. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for new and established patients, ensuring access to general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry under one roof!